Friday, December 7, 2007

Zen amidst flurry of meetings and beating deadlines

Being caught inside the trap of stressful living is one of the things I have long given up that moment I decided to give up having a full-time job.

Recently, when I saw myself irritated and mad as hell over mundane things I realized I haven't fully given up my typical response to stress yet.

Looking back now I can't help but smile while remembering my anger upon seeing our cats' poop all over the litter box without enough granules to cover them. Oh this really stinks!!!

Or that moment I found out I left my ATM card at home while already in front of the ATM machine. I made a short stopover here while on my way to an important meeting as I didn't have enough cash to pay the cab driver to get me to the place for this meeting.

My 'all-four-seasons-in-one-day' mood swing is keeping me company again. Though I appreciate the adrenaline rush that goes with it, it also depletes my energy before I am even finished with my tasks for the day.


"I want to feel appreciative and positive," was my mantra yesterday, at least to maintain my energy level and maybe have enough supply of it during the meeting. Soon enough, I saw this mini-garden just beside the conference room of this soon-to-be-blessed new office of CODE-NGO. Slowly I went out through the sliding door (shown in the picture on the left), and took a few shots while waiting for the others to arrive.

Blue flowers always catch my attention wherever they may be, be it on a hillside or found hanging on a tree as shown in the picture below.





And how these leaves seem to be smiling as sunlight started to beam on them ...



While looking around, I saw this lone white flower so small and so dainty-looking ...


And big pebbles that show they haven't been threaded on much yet ...



Beautiful, isn't it? Or is it just my mood that's influencing my perception?

The pictures shown below were taken early this afternoon while walking in one of the side-streets perpendicular to Makati Avenue. I was greatly amazed to find this 'landscaped garden' on the side of Best Western Astor Hotel while all around it are the tall buildings that mark the city of Makati (as can be seen reflected on the glass wall). This garden is mounted 4-feet above the sidewalk that I had to stand on my toes to find a nice angle for these shots.

Oh by the way, you can click your mouse on the pictures to view them in a larger format.








It worked!!!

I felt a lot better ... and was able to go through the series of meetings the past 2 days without my 'topak' (bad mood) ... met new acquaintances ... and enjoyed the warm energy shared by participants in these events.

But most of all, it felt wonderful to be able to have my 'powerful nap' upon arriving home this afternoon.

I guess, even if we are
already so, so tired, we can always find something to appreciate in everything around us ... if we are only able to set our minds, our eyes, and all our other senses to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment