Thursday, November 29, 2007

The surprise birthday gift


Today is Kim's birthday.

Yesterday after attending a conference, I thought of dropping by the mall to look for a nice gift for her. While still at the mall, I received a text message from Bam asking what time I'll be home for dinner. I immediately replied with the intention of sharing with her a "secret", my surprise gift for Kim, by texting her: "Sssh am still here at the mall. 2.3t mp3 1 gig."

Being a mom who is not quite aware of current market prices for these types of gadgets, I was also asking her, through this message, if this was the usual price for an MP3 player with a memory size of 1 gig.

To cut the story short, I bought the item even without getting the feedback I was hoping to receive from her so I can be home soon.

Upon arriving here at home, Bam couldn't stop laughing while relating to me about a funny incident that occurred while I was still out. She told me she had a hard time understanding my cryptic text message which she got while sitting there, with Kim right in front of her. And so she was kinda trying to decipher those words she couldn't understand while reading my text message aloud: ...es es eych? .... 2.3t? ... mp3? ... 1 gig? What's this, she asked out loud. She thought to herself that I might have misspelled something in my message to her.

Then Kim suddenly spoke and revealed to her (to Bam) that she actually requested for an MP3 player as her birthday gift from me. And Kim added..."Mama is telling you to be quiet, ssssh daw, wag ka daw maingay (just keep it quiet) ... kaya lagot ka!!!" and started dancing with delight!


No comments:

Post a Comment