Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Need some quiet time?

Coffee shops are favorite hangout places when I want to meet up with friends.  Maybe it's the ambiance, or the pipe-in music.  Or maybe it's the coffee.

The past few days I was feeling bored seeing the same side of my workplace, the same sights outside my window and so I thought of dropping by at the nearest coffee shop today to have a change in atmosphere...and yes, a change in ambiance, hoping my muse will like it and help me find the inspiration to write a post for my blog. 

I felt so lucky to see that there were only a handful of early shoppers sitting at this cozy place.  For the first 30 minutes I browsed through the newspaper and then started to look around.  Nice place, I told myself.  It also feels so peaceful without the usual chattering crowd populating coffee shops nowadays.  I also felt free to take this photos without disturbing anybody.



 Coffee shop at the 2F of Shangrila Plaza (Pasig City)


 Coffee shop at 2F Shangrila Plaza (Pasig City)

The next hour was spent reading the book I brought with me.  I found the articles truly engaging and I even chuckled several times only to find a guy who was two tables away staring at me with that amused look on his face. 

At that moment I decided to leave the coffee shop and proceed with my other errands for the day.  And was off to another mall.

After going around Megamall to purchase the needed household items, I wanted to continue reading the book and found this spot right in the middle of Building A.  I ordered for a cup of cappuccino and immediately dived into the bookmarked page.

Once again I enjoyed this relative silence and decided to take some more pictures.  That was the only time I realized I was in the same coffee shop though this time, I'm in a different location.


 Same coffee shop found at 2F Building A, Megamall



 Same coffee shop located at Megamall


So you say you want some peace and quiet?  
A nice coffee shop can be a cozy place to find one's desired solitude but only if you visit early in the morning.  





No comments:

Post a Comment