Friday, October 19, 2007

Finding my way around


"Wow, Ma, ang haba ng nasulat mo ah!" was the comment I got from Kim, after she saw my first blog post yesterday. I couldn't help feeling a bit insecure that I might be 'talking' too much again... *sigh* ... as this is one of my usual response when faced with a new experience. On other occasions I tend to be more of a listener, an observer until I get familiarized with the environment.

But when it comes to my work and meeting up with a new client, things just flow quite naturally. Got no worries about talking too much or not saying enough. Discussions flow as it is and as if on cue, pertinent questions are raised, and views and opinions are shared quite openly.

These running thoughts sent me wondering about my initial blogging experience.

Is it having a face-to-face interaction with another person that makes the difference? Is it the confidence in knowing what one is supposed to do that make communicating easier? -- these questions I continued to ask myself on my way back home from my meeting this morning.

Is it the Pinoy culture? I've thought of this, too, because I've often heard that we do have this penchant for verbal communication and verbal traditions.

Now I am beginning to understand why friends who have started blogging long before I even thought about it, often asked for comments to their posting. That while there is so much freedom and space to be creative and expressive in the world of cyberspace, it still helps a lot to build something based on interactions with others in this new world out here.

I guess I better go and find someone to 'talk' with first .... or read on someone else's blog and send in my comments, too. I really want to learn more and make new friends soon!!!

Good night everyone... good night dear Self ... good night moon...

No comments:

Post a Comment