Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Addicted to writing ... getting addicted to blogging


Must have been too excited to start blogging that it surprised me when my best-friend asked, "Why do you have two blogs in different locations?"

Before I was able to make a reply, Bam suddenly said,"Split personality kasi si Mama." (You see, my mom has a split personality.) Oh my, before you start believing her, I think I need to inform you now that they just love teasing me about my changing moods and the shift in my perspective that goes with it.

Going back to my friend's question ... I started blogging without any idea how many blogs i will be creating. But for sure, I had no intention to have as many blogs as the number of posts I publish. I just wanted to explore how things would look like if I create one with Friendster and another one with Blogger.

Along the way I enjoyed learning new things. I read a lot on how to start blogging ... until my head felt like a balloon on the brink of blowing up.

After several attempts, I finally congratulated myself after being able to do the basics of creating and changing the layout, creating a new post and editing earlier drafts, creating a guestbook (don't know if am gonna need this at this early stage), finding a means to know if readers and other bloggers have started to visit my blog site, creating a photo album and publishing it, too (but that's in my Friendster blog) ... and many other things I need to know to get on with the next steps.

Blogging is indeed therapeutic. It helped me forget about my sorrow and start to appreciate things once again. If you can only see my learning curve here, it's really steep.

After experiencing so much sadness last week, I found it hard to sit down and write another entry (except for the one I wrote to release the pain I felt inside a few days ago). Although many things are running at the back of my mind, I couldn't write a coherent paragraph that would make sense to anyone who reads it. My thoughts were all over the place.

But I knew I need to write. I want to write. I am addicted to writing. The act of writing is my best way to make sense of what is happening to me and whatever is happening around me.

Rather than worry about not being able to write anything, I decided to focus on form (the interior design of this house) when I sat down to revisit my blog here tonight. I started by making a few changes on the layout (again!?) and placed a photo to my profile. After several experiments, what you see here now is the product of my 3-hour 'artwork' in front of my computer. I know it still looks a bit bare right now but in due time, I hope it is going to take its own form and content as it wants to be.

I wanted to expand the width (of this space) reserved for blog posts but I don't know how to do it. I hope someone would be kind enough to provide me some tips how to go about this. I have a feeling I need to work on the template and maybe, click on Edit HTML or something but beyond that, is a big unknown for me.

I am not really much of a techie and these jargons are just overwhelming for a new blogger like me! But I hope to develop my 'conversational skills' level on this soon. By then, I hope to be able to help other friends who are also struggling with their own attempts to blogging.

For now, I am okay with this. I'd better rest my head tonight and hope to dream of nice entries for the next few days.

Good night Fluffy! Good night moon! Good night to everyone ...

No comments:

Post a Comment