Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Creating a Momentum for 2011



I am breaking the momentum of my writer's block here. Oh my, it's been almost 2 years since I last posted an entry here!!! Am so sorry my dear blog, I have been so negligent for the past months. So many things happened within a very short period of one month. And I want to write about them. I guess I should continue typing before my "Editor" (this genius mind) strikes again.

First of all, all of a sudden there were several cousins, nephew, nieces, aunts who started sending text messages, calling me up, after several months of not being in touched with each other. I also suddenly remembered a good friend who used to say, "you'll never know if you're gonna miss something or someone until you get in touch with him or her again." I think he was right in saying that. Talking with my Dad over the phone never felt so good!

Then there came the series of reunions with high school friends and classmates, and with childhood friends who now live on the other side of the globe. There was so much bantering, teasing, reminiscing, and yes, eating and drinking. We felt free to be able to eat and drink without worrying about what our parents are gonna say. :-) But what really surprised me were the stories told and the comparison we made between who we used to be and who we are now.

I, myself, was quite surprised when a good friend suddenly asked me, "what happened to you? Why do you sound so cool and passive? What happened to your dreams? I've been waiting for an invitation for your piano performance on stage but three decades had passed and yet no invitation came?"

I feel so proud to see that our batch in high school has 'produced' several successful individuals in our own chosen career. What motivated them to work hard and become who they are now is going to be another story that I want to write in my future blogs. Oh no, I also made a promise to them a few years back, to write about stories we told each other while reminiscing of our high school years. I think I have to go back to my files and start working on the letters they sent to me on this, soon.

Going back, I want to say that it's so inspiring and amazing indeed to see that despite the global crisis and all the challenges happening around, here and abroad, we managed to make it good. But on the other hand, there were a few of us who were wondering if this is also the reason why some batchmates failed to attend these reunions -- the anticipation that being "successful" will only be measured in terms of money earned. I hope there are others who share my view that this is just one of the many ways to view how we fared in life. Well, okay .... I think that is going to be another topic I can write about later ....

It also felt good to reconnect with other dear ones, individuals we care for but didn't have the chance to relate with again for sometime. This Christmas Season and the New Year gave us a good alibi to get in touch again.

YES. I am on my 8th paragraph here now. This is great! I can feel my insides revving up for my next write-up. I want to do a list of topics on what I wanna write about, to come up with a Blog Calendar, maybe. That's one of my New Year's resolution oohhh... I mean, my wishlist for 2011. To write blogs more regularly, to do it at least once a week.

Okay, stop.

It works!!!! I think this technique of typing continuously, without worrying what's coming out in this article, seems to be a good way to break or end a writer's block.

No comments:

Post a Comment