Monday, October 10, 2011

An experiment in using the Dynamic View template for your blog


For today's blogging schedule, I will be writing a blog post on the same topic as one of my most popular posts. I still don't consider myself a techie when it comes to these things and this is only the second time for me to write about a similar topic.  Well truth is I enjoy sharing things I learn here, especially in blogging, so I guess it won't be that hard to write about it.  I hope this helps improve your blogging experience while using Blogger.  

Now let me ask you a few questions:

Are you bored with how your blog looks like?

Would you like your blogsite to look a little different without necessarily going through a lot of effort?

Are you someone who loves to tinker around gadgets, changing the background of your blogsite, and enjoys trying out those various menu options that has been offered for bloggers like us?

I replied "yes" to at least two of these questions. 

This is how my site looks like for the past week.


Yes, it looks cool! 

And no, I am not bored with it.  

I just wanted to make a few more tweaks on this site when I went to the "Design" menu.  I had no intention to make any major change in the design at all.  But when I saw that there was a new option on the "Template" menu, my ever curious mind urged me to click on the new option and give it a try.  That's the one highlighted below.


Yes, that's the "Dynamic View" option.  

Guided by my curiousity, I clicked on the Dynamic View and found several more options.  I saw lined up at the bottom of the box the following new options: "Classic", "Flipcard", "Mosaic", "Sidebar", "Snapshot", and "Timeslide".  You have to click on each one to see them appear in your blog. 

Feeling more daring than usual, I tried using the "Classic" option last Friday.  Then the following day I decided to try the "Flipcard" option to see how it's going to look like.  Although I enjoyed seeing all my blog posts in one page, again I wanted to try using the other options, too.  So later in the afternoon, I shifted to using the Timeslide option.  And this is how it looks like.



That was truly amazing!  With just one click your Home page could look different and more interesting, I would say.  When you click on a particular Post Title, you will also find that reading your blog is much easier because of its "clean" look. 

I enjoyed playing around with this new addition to the menu options being provided by Blogger to people who are always seeking for something new not only on the blog content, but also on the physical layout of one's blog site.  

If you are a curious blogger like me, I guess at this point you are now getting interested to give it a try.  If you are then the first thing to do is to look for the "Design" menu.  You can find this in the upper right corner of your page.  Have you found it now? Okay, just go and click it.  Then once you are there, choose "Template" and then you will find the "Dynamic View" option right in the middle of the page.  

It's quite easy to make a few experiments here since it won't affect your blogsite yet until you click on "Apply to Blog" option.  And even if you already did and you want to go back to your previous template, you can always go back to "Design", then you will find at the uppermost line the option to revert back to your previous template before you made the change to Dynamic View.  

Why don't you give it a try?  And please don't forget to post your comments below if there was anything I missed in the procedure I mentioned here.  Of course, I would appreciate any comment from you.  

Oh by the way, you may be wondering why I am back to my previous template.  I reverted it back to make sure that I could easily go back to my old template and then back to the new one so I can share with you every bit of new knowledge I get from this experiment.   

Thanks for visiting! Hope you enjoy working on your own experiment, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment